Friday 8 November 2013

A Christmas Tag

Happy Friday everyone!

Wow, winter seems to be here, dark nights, Christmas zooming up on us SO fast it's scary and almost halfway through November already! Yikes! On a completely different note, our Nikky has had a really exciting time lately as she's launched a brand new business which is just awesome and quirky, just typical of the Polkadoodles stylee, so go take a look here, you'll love it and if you need Christmas pressies you are bound to find something!....here....


The Random Winner of our Week 43 challenge is: 
No 10, Berni C - well done Berni! 
Please email us here to claim your prize which is £30 worth of stamps from Polkadoodles, woohoo!
Our Fave Top 3 this week are: No 1, Valerie, No. 8 Kerry and No 15 Eret! Well done ladies, grab your blinkies from the sidebar and thanks for joining us! 


Now let's get on with this weeks challenge which is:

A Christmas Tag
The design team were challenged to use at least 3 tags on their makes this week and we'd love you to use at least one if you can but hey, we're easy going so if you can't manage a tag then show us something Christmas instead!

The winner of this challenge will receive a £10 voucher for the Polkadoodles store which includes downloads too - great prize!! 
Closing date for the challenge is Sunday 17th November at 12noon GMT and don't forget to link your actual blog post so we can come and visit you! 

Alethea - Looking at the other DT tags mine are a bit plain but decided that I would create my own gift tags for xmas presents this year. I didn't want to make them fancy cos they will only go in the bin. So I created my own tags in publisher and I used images and sentiments from the Home for Christmas CD and I also made a box for them to go in. The template for the box is also from the Home For Christmas CD. I did add some kindyglitz for a bit of sparkle.
Asha - This week I bring you tags. In fact, I made a giant tag embellished with tags...It's tags galore over at PolkaDoodles! All images and papers are from the Home For Christmas CD. Minimal extras: ribbon and twine.
Karon - So the brief for the DT this week was to use three or more tags in our creations.  Do you think I went a bit overboard with 25 LOL! My advent calender is on a 12" by 16" canvas, all the papers and embellishments are from the new A Home for Christmas CD.  The Calender numbers are from the Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1 CD.  The first photo is the numbers and the second is them turned over all the way up to Christmas day and who better than Santa to be the last to turn over.  There are more close ups, of the tags,  on my blog.

Lidia Hi! Everyone and for this challenge I made 2 Christmas Tag Cards, some of the elements are in 3d the papers and the images are from Sundae Seasons CD-rom Collections So I hope you like it!



Sally - Hi, so this week our challenge was to make a Christmas Tag - Well mine is rather a large one!
I thought it would be nice to have tag with Santa's magic key on it.  I made a 5 x 7" tag with brown cardstock. Digi crafted on Serif my background and birdcage from Home for Christmas CD Rom and then printed it out. I bought a couple of keys from a Home Décor store where I live, and flitter flaked them added Santa's magic key to it. Printed out another Santa to decoupage it. Printed a sentiment and decoupaged the poinsettias and holly on it. Added a ribbon to hold the key and Voila!  All this was from the Home For Christmas CD Rom!
Zoe -  Well this week challenged my creativity until I looked at some Christmas photos from last year & then it seemed so simple. I'm no Scrapbooker but I do Smash Books, I have nearly every book there is, so I set about creating this page using the scrumptious Angelberry collection to document 3 of my favourite photos (they are under the tags!). I took the gorgeous papers & images into Serif Craft Artist and created a custom sized page. Once printed, I stuck it into my book, and added the 3 flip tags, and the Angel image I had already coloured. A tiny bit of colour coordinating twine finished it all off!
Claire C I've used 4 tags made from red cardstock stuck together to create a luminary and added 4 images coloured with Graph'It Markers. The images are from the fab Here Comes Christmas Cd.  The backing paper is from the same cd and I've added some snowflake vellum to the die cut apertures. I've popped a battery operated tea light in side and topped it some some scraps of ribbon and lace.
Miria  I made a minialbum with tag pockets using A home for Christmas cd for papers and stampies, tickets are from Picknic Collection 2 Gingerbread Twist  and Here comes Christmas  I just added some buttons and ribbon.




Closing date for the challenge is Sunday 17th November at 12noon GMT and don't forget to link your actual blog post so we can come and visit you!


Rules: 

1. No backlinks
2. Please FOLLOW the challenge theme!
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

5 comments:

  1. So beautiful are all of your tags x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have problem with Mr Linky
    here my card with tag http://scrapperita.blogspot.it/2013/11/card-con-tag-buon-natale.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely creations by the DT and thanks for the chance to play along. I am a new follower of yours through Bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous creations from the DT. I love making my Christmas Tags so thanks for the theme. Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!